When to Consider Hospice or Palliative Care
You may want to discuss hospice or palliative care with your physician if your loved one is experiencing any of the following:
- Progressive declining health, despite treatment
- Increased or uncontrollable pain
- Frequent hospitalizations
- Repeat or multiple infections
- Progressive or profound weakness and fatigue
- Shortness of breath with or without oxygen
- Decreased ability to perform regular activities of daily living
- Alterations in mental status
- Patient’s desire to stop aggressive treatments
Patients and their families experience the greatest benefits from hospice care when it is accessed early.
To refer or for further information on hospice or palliative care, please call our intake department (781) 338-7900.